John has experience in most aspects of the real estate industry and has represented a range of clients from sole proprietors to Fortune 100 companies, borrowers to lenders, developers to construction companies, tenants to landlords and owners to management companies. He has assisted both individuals and entities with respect to corporate formation issues, private placements, acquisitions and dispositions, financing, development, real estate taxes and construction disputes.
John is currently the practice group leader of the firm's Real Estate group.
John also has extensive experience representing borrowers and lenders in restructuring debt, including out of court resolutions, foreclosures, receiverships and bankruptcy proceedings. As former general counsel to a real estate company, John understands the numerous issues facing entrepreneurs as well as large corporate entities, including employee benefits, contracting, landlord/tenant matters and other regulatory requirements.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., 1987)
- University of Akron (B.A., magna cum laude, 1984)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Rating
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, Real Estate: Business
- Client Choice™ Award, Real Estate, 2018
- Columbus Business First, Forty Under 40
- Columbus Jaycees, Ten Outstanding Young Citizens, 1995
- Order of the Coif
- The Second and Seven Foundation, Board Member
- Central Ohio Chapter of the March of Dimes, past President
- March of Dimes Volunteer of the Year, 1999
- The New Albany Aquatics Club, Inc., Founding Member and past President
- New Albany Lacrosse Association, Inc., Founding Member and past President