Bill helps clients to preserve wealth, while still enjoying the fruits of their labor, and to plan for and implement sound financial legacies. In particular, he works with clients to develop tailored, yet flexible, strategies that minimize adverse tax consequences and is adept at structuring trusts that provide for both current and future family needs. In addition, Bill assists clients who have chosen to split their time between Florida’s Gulf Coast and some other location to establish domicile in Florida and reap the benefits of Florida’s favorable wealth management laws without severing key ties with other jurisdictions. Bill also works with clients to develop charitable giving plans that not only achieve tax savings but also further the efforts and reach of civic organizations that offer so much to those they serve.
Bill draws on his years of experience in the trust banking field and in 30 years of private practice to advance client interests.
For his efforts, he has been recognized by Florida Super Lawyers® in the area of Estate Planning & Probate and has been Board Certified by The Florida Bar in the area of Estate Planning & Probate. Additionally, Bill is recognized by The Best Lawyers in America®.
- Drake University School of Law (J.D., 1964)
- Northwestern University (1968)
- University of Iowa (B.B.A., 1961)
- Collier County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar; Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Iowa State Bar Association
- American Bar Association; Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Trusts & Estates
- Florida Super Lawyers®, Estate Planning & Probate
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Rating
- American Red Cross Legacy Award
- The Naples Philharmonic
- Youth Haven, Inc.
- Community Foundation of Collier County
- Christian Businessmen's Committee of Naples
- National Christian Foundation South Florida