- Currently serving as lead counsel for national home builder in numerous construction disputes and related matters throughout Ohio.
- Successfully represented The Ohio State University in two multi-million dollar lawsuits involving “Project One” — the University’s $1 billion expansion of its medical center.
- Successfully defended national manufacturer in multi-million dollar construction lawsuit.
- Tried and won a commercial construction dispute involving claims of negligence, breach of warranty and breach of contract.
- Successfully represented state contracting agency in several significant construction defect cases, obtaining over $1 million in combined settlement payments.
Intellectual Property Disputes
- Currently representing international automotive component supplier in a complex patent infringement action.
- Currently representing international paper manufacturer in trademark and unfair competition actions in federal court.
- Argued and won Sixth Circuit appeal on behalf of national children’s product manufacturer in a commercial trademark dispute involving the sale of infant products.
- Successfully represented equity research firm in obtaining a temporary restraining order and stipulated injunction that required a group of former employees who had formed a competing firm to return trade secret and confidential information and prohibited them from soliciting top customers.
Securities and Shareholder Actions
- Successfully defended national financial institution in related securities, ERISA and shareholder derivative actions.
- Successfully defended national retailer in several shareholder lawsuits challenging propriety of proposed merger.
- Obtained dismissal of shareholder class action and derivative challenge to multi-million dollar proposed merger.
Business and Contract Disputes
- Successfully represented national energy supplier in a breach of contract action seeking to pierce the corporate veil of insolvent business partner’s parent corporation.
- Obtained dismissal of Ohio lawsuit against out-of-state real estate developer on personal jurisdiction grounds.
- Successfully defended physician group in federal district court and subsequent Sixth Circuit appeal in a case filed by former physician employee alleging termination in violation of public policy, as well as violations of Stark and anti-kickback statutes.
- Represented employee and employer in preliminary injunction proceedings involving alleged violations of non-compete agreement.