- Currently serving as lead counsel for national home builder in numerous construction disputes and related matters throughout Ohio.
- Successfully represented The Ohio State University in two multi-million dollar lawsuits involving “Project One” — the University’s $1 billion expansion of its medical center.
- Successfully defended national manufacturer in multi-million dollar construction lawsuit.
- Tried and won a commercial construction dispute involving claims of negligence, breach of warranty, and breach of contract.
- Successfully represented state contracting agency in several significant construction defect cases, obtaining over $1 million in combined settlement payments.
Intellectual Property Disputes
- Currently representing international automotive component supplier in a complex patent infringement action.
- Currently representing international paper manufacturer in trademark and unfair competition actions in federal court.
- Argued and won Sixth Circuit appeal on behalf of national children’s product manufacturer in a commercial trademark dispute involving the sale of infant products.
- Successfully represented equity research firm in obtaining temporary restraining order and stipulated injunction that required group of former employees who had formed competing firm to return trade secret and confidential information and prohibited them from soliciting top customers.
Securities and Shareholder Actions
- Successfully defended national financial institution in related securities, ERISA and shareholder derivative actions.
- Successfully defended national retailer in several shareholder lawsuits challenging propriety of proposed merger.
- Obtained dismissal of shareholder class action and derivative challenge to multi-million dollar proposed merger.
Business and Contract Disputes
- Successfully represented national energy supplier in a breach of contract action seeking to pierce the corporate veil of insolvent business partner’s parent corporation.
- Obtained dismissal of Ohio lawsuit against out-of-state real estate developer on personal jurisdiction grounds.
- Successfully defended physician group in federal district court and subsequent Sixth Circuit appeal in a case filed by former physician employee alleging termination in violation of public policy, as well as violations of Stark and anti-kickback statutes.
- Represented employee and employer in preliminary injunction proceedings involving alleged violations of non-compete agreement.