Bob serves as the chair of Porter Wright's Intellectual Property Practice Group. His intellectual property practice includes the selection and clearance of trademarks, the prosecution of applications for registration before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and the representation of clients in inter-partes proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. He assists with brand protection and rebranding efforts as well as the monitoring and enforcement of clients’ foreign and domestic intellectual proprietary rights. In addition, he counsels clients on advertising, telemarketing, and email marketing matters, and the administration of contests, promotions and sweepstakes.
A substantial portion of Bob’s practice is dedicated to the enforcement of clients’ intellectual property rights on the Internet, including matters relating to domain name infringement, cybersquatting, negotiated domain name acquisition and copyright violation.
Bob's information privacy and data security, and technology practices include counseling clients regarding the collection and retention of personal information as well as related legal risks and data security breach investigation, response and notification procedures. Bob assists clients with computer law matters including online agreements, transactions, site terms and conditions and privacy policies, and software licensing agreements.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., with honors, 2001)
- Oxford University, Oxford, England, Summer Law Program (1999)
- University of Kentucky (B.A., cum laude, 1998)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
Honors & Awards
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars Edition, 2009-2013
- NeXT Basketball Foundation, President
- Field Stone Lake Association, Officer
- Porter Wright United Way of Central Ohio Campaign, Co-chair
- Columbus Public Schools and City Year Computer Outreach Program, Volunteer Instructor
- City Year Columbus Service Alliance, Co-chair
- Youth basketball coach