Rachel practices in Porter Wright’s Labor and Employment Department, providing advice and counseling to employers in a wide array of human resources matters and defending employers in employment litigation. Her areas of experience include discrimination and retaliation, discipline, discharges, overtime pay and Fair Labor Standards Act exemptions, wage payment and compensation, leaves of absence, employee handbooks, employment policies, job descriptions, performance appraisals, drug and alcohol testing, employment applications, employment and non-compete agreements, severance agreements and reductions in force, including Older Worker Benefit Protection Act and Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act compliance, unemployment compensation, workplace violence, and the requirements of the Family and Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Uniformed Services Employment and Re-employment Rights Act, and other federal and state employment laws.
In addition to defending employers in state and federal court, she has represented clients before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, state discrimination agencies, and the U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance.
- College of William & Mary (J.D., 1996)
- Miami University (B.A., 1993)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM)
- Greater Cincinnati Human Resources Association
Honors & Awards
- Human Resources Certification Institute, Senior Professional of Human Resources (SPHR)
- Society of Human Resources Management, Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars Edition, 2006-2007, 2009, 2011
- Order of the Coif
- Children's Meeting House Montessori School, former Board President