For more than 25 years, Mike has represented clients in a wide range of commercial disputes, including antitrust, consumer fraud, breach of contract and warranty, toxic tort, and securities litigation, as well as trusts and estate litigation. Mike is experienced in all aspects of commercial litigation, including oral and written discovery, fact and expert depositions, preparation of expert reports, brief writing, oral argument, negotiating and drafting settlement agreements, and pre-trial and trial preparation.
- Represented linen supply company in RICO case and nation-wide class action litigation alleging consumer fraud and deceptive trade practices
- Represented international bank in connection with Enron litigation. Served as counsel for bank in several related cases in which the client had assumed lead responsibility among numerous co-defendants, responsible for developing discovery, expert witness and trial strategies and coordinating with other co-defendants.
- Served as lead counsel to AT&T incumbent local exchange carriers in two lawsuits against prepaid calling providers for evasion of originating switched access charges
- Represented international chemical company in multi-district vitamins antitrust litigation
- Served as lead counsel for AT&T Texas in litigation against municipally owned utility regarding nondiscriminatory rates and terms for access to poles, from evidentiary hearing before Public Utilities Commission of Texas through appeal to Texas Supreme Court
- Handled pre-trial preparation and jury selection in asbestos cases pending in state courts in Madison County, Illinois, on behalf of multinational chemical company
- Served as lead counsel for a Canadian manufacturer of tractor trailer panel in a breach of warranty case in federal court in Wisconsin
- Represented state hospital association in challenge to emergency rules promulgated by Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board