Mike is an experienced strategist and litigator helping insurance and reinsurance clients with their most complex commercial litigation needs.
His practice includes serving as lead counsel in a wide variety of business disputes, including corporate governance matters, reinsurance matters, insurance insolvency matters, securities and fraud litigation, antitrust litigation, and consumer class action litigation and contractual disputes.
Mike has extensive trial experience in state and federal courts in Illinois, New York, California and other states, and in business arbitrations. He has also successfully argued cases before the United States Courts of Appeal for the Second, Seventh and Ninth Circuits.
In recent years, Mike has represented a credit insurer and a mortgage insurer in lawsuits and arbitrations in venues throughout the country on policy rescission and fraud as well as policy interpretation and coverage issues.
- University of Chicago Law School (J.D., 1974)
- Princeton University (B.A., 1970)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Chicago Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- The Legal 500 United States, Insurance (Recommended Attorney)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Insurance law
- Illinois Super Lawyers®
- Illinois Leading Lawyers, Commercial litigation