Megan works with companies to resolve business disputes through litigation and alternative dispute resolution mechanisms. She has experience in a broad range of commercial litigation at both the state and federal level. She has considerable experience defending electric utilities in connection with wrongful death, significant injury, as well as with other tort and contract claims.
She also represents clients in a variety of complex business and commercial litigation matters, including the defense of life insurers regarding issues such as death benefit and misrepresentation claims and defends employers, plan administrators, insurers, and other fiduciaries and service providers in ERISA litigation matters. In the alternative dispute resolution arena, Megan has worked with an interdisciplinary team to represent the interests of a foreign company involved in international arbitration.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2006)
- Oxford University, Oxford, England, Summer Law Program
- Miami University (B.A., with honors, 2002)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars Edition, 2011