Porter Wright Recognized by Chambers USA - Eight Practices and 23 Attorneys Ranked Among the Top in Ohio and Internationally
Porter Wright has been recognized as a leading law firm by Chambers USA®, a leading guide to business law firms and lawyers. Eight of the firm’s practice areas and 23 of its attorneys are named as leading lawyers in the 2011 edition released this month.
According to Chambers' research, Porter Wright ranked among the top firms in Ohio in Labor & Employment, Natural Resources & the Environment, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation, Real Estate, Real Estate/Zoning & Land Use, Banking & Finance, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Corporate/M&A, and Litigation/General Commercial.
The following have been ranked among the top attorneys in Ohio in their area of practice:
• James P. Botti – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
• Robert L. Brubaker – Natural Resources & Environment
• Timothy E. Grady – Banking and Finance
• Kevin E. Griffith – Labor & Employment
• Theodore D. Grosser – Corporate/M&A
• Richard J. Helmreich – Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
• Mark B. Koogler – Corporate/M&A
• Holly D. Kozlowski – Intellectual Property
• Curtis A. Loveland – Corporate/M&A
• J. Jeffrey McNealey – Natural Resources & Environment, and Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
• Robert A. Meyer, Jr. – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
• Jack R. Pigman – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
• Fred G. Pressley Jr. – Labor & Employment
• John B. Rohyans – Real Estate
• Robert J. Schmidt, Jr. – Natural Resources & Environment
• Christopher R. Schraff – Natural Resources & Environment
• Bradd N. Siegel – Labor & Employment
• John M. Stephen – Labor & Employment
• Kathleen M. Trafford – Litigation: General Commercial
• Robert W. Trafford – Litigation: General Commercial
• Charles C. Warner – Labor & Employment
• William R. Weir – Real Estate
J. Jeffrey McNealey and Robert L. Brubaker were designated as "Senior Statesmen" in the field of Natural Resources & the Environment. McNealey was also designated at this level in the area of Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use. In addition, John B. Rohyans was designated as a "Senior Statesmen" in the field of Real Estate. Such designation signifies their role in the firm's success.
Washington, D.C. partner Judd L. Kessler was ranked by Chambers USA as a national leader in the field of International Arbitration. His practice spans both investor-state and international commercial arbitration, in which he has been well regarded for his particular knowledge of the Latin American market.
Chambers USA rankings are based on lawyer and client interviews, among other things, and assess criteria such as technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial awareness and astuteness, diligence, commitment, and other qualities that clients consider relevant.