- Defending seller accused of fraud and breaches of representations and warranties in connection with $55 million transaction; obtained dismissal of fraud claims and breach of contract claims.
- Defended credit insurer in lawsuits brought by various lenders in insurance coverage case involving 2,000 individual home equity loans and lines of credit.
- Prosecuted fraud claim brought by credit insurer seeking rescission and return of hundreds of millions of dollars in insurance proceeds paid under fraudulently induced credit insurance policies.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of defendants accused of fraud and breach of contract arising out of agreement for provision of third-party liability subrogation services in the health care industry.
- Represented mutual life insurance company general manager in claim brought by competing mutual life insurance company; obtained favorable ruling on partial motion to dismiss, which held that restrictive covenant was overly broad and unenforceable.
- Represented insurance affiliate in a declaratory judgment action concerning insurance coverage arising out of class action seeking more than one billion dollars for alleged violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
- Represented insurance company in fraud action brought against competitor for intentional underreporting of workers compensation premium.
- Defended attorney and law firm in action involving allegations of legal malpractice and fiduciary breach.
- Defended corporation and employee in action brought by former employer alleging unfair trade practices and breach of restrictive covenant.
- Represented reinsurers in various confidential arbitrations. Issues included late notice, allocation, and bad faith.
- Represented London reinsurer of insolvent domestic carrier in actions in which policyholders sought direct access to reinsurance proceeds.
- Defended reinsurer in series of actions brought by cedents that had purchased reinsurance through brokers later found to have committed massive fraud.
- Represented assuming reinsurer of builders risk policy in confidential arbitration involving claims arising out of large fire of commercial shopping complex.