An associate in the firm’s Corporate Department, Joe focuses his practice in health care, corporate & securities, and mergers & acquisitions. He has broad experience in health care, spanning supply chain contracting, hospital operations and physician employment issues.
Prior to joining Porter Wright, Joe provided a range of legal services while in-house at OhioHealth. He was involved with the multi-million dollar acquisition of a government-owned hospital, as well as the acquisition of physician practices. Additionally, Joe served as a law clerk in the Health and Human Services Section of the Ohio Attorney General’s Office.
While in law school, Joe participated in the Entrepreneurial Business Law Clinic and assisted local health care startups with formation, early stage development and compliance issues. He was a Managing Editor of The Ohio State Law Journal and served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Chief Judge R. Guy Cole of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2017)
- The Ohio State University (B.A., 2013)
Honors & Awards
- Public Service Fellow, 2017
- Dean’s Scholar Award, 2015-2017
- Herman Moot Court Competition, Best Brief, 2016
- Friends of the Metropolitan Library, Business Management Committee, Executive Fellow, 2016 – Present
- Legal Aid Society of Columbus, Volunteer