John has over 35 years of experience assisting clients in all areas of estate planning, real estate and business transactions. He specializes in planning to maximize the transfer of family wealth through the use of life insurance trusts, charitable trusts, private foundations, family limited partnerships and generation skipping transfer trusts. John regularly handles the special needs of retired individuals, including probate and trust administration.
He has served as the president of Southwest Heritage, Inc. and is currently a member of its Board of Directors. John is also active in Ducks Unlimited and Knights of Columbus, having served various positions in the local chapters of those organizations, and has supported youth sports locally as a parent, coach and league officer.
- University of Florida (LL.M., 1985)
- University of Louisville Louis D. Brandeis School of Law (J.D., 1984)
- Bellarmine University (B.A., 1981)
- U.S. Tax Court
- The Florida Bar, Member, Twentieth Circuit Fee Arbitration Committee, 1994-1997; Chairman, 1995-1997
- State Bar of Georgia, Member, YLS Continuing Legal Education Committee, 1988-1989
- Collier County Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Naples, Treasurer and Board Member, 2009-present
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Alpha Delta Gamma Fraternity, National President, 1994-1996
- The Naples Depot, Treasurer, 1993-1998, President, 1998-2000, Board of Directors, 1993-present
- Ducks Unlimited, Inc., Naples Chapter Area Chairman/Treasurer, 1994-present