- Defended private equity firm and portfolio company in suit by competitor alleging tortious interference with business deal.
- Defended high-profile corporate executive in claims by former employer for breach of non-compete.
- Successfully obtained preliminary injunction on behalf of aerospace manufacturer to prevent former employee from joining competitor in breach of non-compete.
- Successfully obtained injunction on behalf of insurance agency blocking former sales agent from soliciting customers in breach of restrictive covenants.
- Successfully obtained injunction on behalf of physical therapy provider enforcing non-compete against former employee.
- Successfully represented building products manufacturer in enjoining competition by former employees based on misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Advised publicly traded corporations on non-compete and trade-secret disputes.
- Represented franchisees in unfair competition suit against grocery store chain.
- Represented major egg producer in defending against class action and direct claims of price fixing under the Sherman Act.
- Defended institutional lender against counterclaims for tortious interference and others asserted by mechanics’-lien holders in commercial foreclosure action.
- Successfully represented lenders in prosecuting contested commercial foreclosure actions at the trial court level and on appeal.
- Defended majority shareholders of close corporations in claims by minority shareholders for squeeze-out/oppression.
Product Liability and Environmental
- Represented large manufacturer in implementing voluntary product recalls under supervision of Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Assisted in representing a leading chain of auto service centers in defending against a wrongful death action stemming from allegedly negligent repair work, which resulted in complete summary judgment for the client as well as an affirmance by the appellate court.
- Defended manufacturers of farm, recreational and emergency vehicles in claims for breach-of-warranty and product-liability.
- Defended kraft paper mill in class action suit alleging nuisance condition.