Commercial and Consumer Litigation
- Represented major egg producer in defending against class action and direct claims of price fixing under the Sherman Act.
- Defended high-profile corporate executive in claims by former employer for breach of non-compete.
- Defended consumer lending institutions against claims made under federal Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act and Truth-in-Lending Act.
- Defended institutional lender against counterclaims asserted by mechanics’-lien holders in commercial foreclosure action.
- Defended majority shareholders of close corporations in claims by minority shareholders for squeeze-out/oppression.
Product Liability and Environmental
- Represented large manufacturer in implementing voluntary product recalls under supervision of Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Assisted in representing a leading chain of auto service centers in defending against a wrongful death action stemming from allegedly negligent repair work, which resulted in complete summary judgment for the client as well as an affirmance by the appellate court.
- Defended manufacturers of farm, recreational, and emergency vehicles in claims for breach-of-warranty and product-liability.
- Defended kraft paper mill in class action suit alleging nuisance conditions.