Jamie concentrates his practice in corporate law, including matters in mergers and acquisitions, privacy and data security, and securities.
Jamie counsels clients in drafting and reviewing corporate contracts, assisting with due diligence of corporate documents and helping prepare operating agreements for corporate entities. Jamie advises public and private companies in structuring, negotiating and drafting mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and other business transactions. Jamie also assists public companies manage risk and comply with federal and state securities laws.
With respect to privacy and data security, Jamie helps prepare and review technology agreements, including software licensing agreements and terms-of-use and privacy policies.
Prior to joining Porter Wright, Jamie clerked in the general counsel’s office of the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims in Washington, D.C. He was responsible for investigating allegations of attorney misconduct and recommending courses of action, reviewing and recommending changes to draft procurement contracts and drafting policy within the purview of federal appropriations law.
- George Washington University Law School (J.D., 2020)
- Michigan State University (B.A., 2015)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Federal Circuit Bar Association, 2018-2020
Honors & Awards
- George Washington University Law School, Rear Admiral Chuck McGrail Memorial Scholarship, 2017
- Michigan State University, U.S. Army ROTC Full-Tuition Scholarship, 2012
- Michigan State University Alumni Association, 2015-present