Jamie represents employers in workplace safety—from training and prevention of issues to representation in enforcement actions following an employee death or injury. This representation ranges from providing legal support to large employers with in-house workplace safety and health departments to small businesses without dedicated safety and health managers.
Her work includes:
- Representing employers in informal conferences with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Representing employers in contests of citations before the Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission
- Providing advice on mitigating legal risk and conducting investigations following incidents involving employee serious injury or death
- Defending employers against complaints of retaliation or whistleblowing with OSHA and the Department of Transportation
- Advising on safety and health reporting and recordkeeping obligations
- Advising and training on safety and health programs and procedures