Grant focuses on the regulation of financial firms such as banks, credit unions, broker-dealers and investment advisors. He has also represented clients in business formations and acquisitions, financial institution mergers, the issuance of public and private securities, equipment leasing matters, corporate reorganization, bankruptcy proceedings and technology matters, including electronic payment systems.
He has represented de novo financial institutions, corporate and natural person credit unions, community banks, and regional and national banking organizations.
Grant is listed in Best Lawyers® in the areas of Banking and Finance Law, Equipment Finance Law and Financial Services Regulation Law, has been recognized in Ohio Super Lawyers® and he is AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell®. Grant was named Best Lawyers® 2014 and 2022 Columbus, Ohio Equipment Finance Law “Lawyer of the Year,” Best Lawyers®, 2020 Columbus, Ohio Banking and Finance Law “Lawyer of the Year,” and Best Lawyers® Columbus, Ohio Financial Services Regulation Law “Lawyer of the Year” in 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2021. He edits the firm's banking & finance blog, Banking & Finance Law Report.
- The Ohio State University College of Law (J.D., 1979)
- Ohio University (A.B., summa cum laude, 1971)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Supreme Court of the United States
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers®, Columbus, Ohio Financial Services Regulation Law, “Lawyer of the Year,” 2015, 2017, 2019, 2021
- Best Lawyers®, Columbus, Ohio Banking and Finance Law, “Lawyer of the Year,” 2020
- Best Lawyers®, Columbus, Ohio Equipment Finance Law, “Lawyer of the Year,” 2014, 2022
- Best Lawyers®, Banking and Finance Law, Equipment Finance Law, and Financial Services Regulation Law
- Ohio Super Lawyers®
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- ProMusica Chamber Orchestra, Board of Trustees, 2008-2018
- Columbus School for Girls, Board of Trustees
- Leadership Columbus, 1989