The Clock is Ticking: Preparing for the Posting Requirements Before the April Deadline
Barring unexpected changes, all employers, with very few exceptions, will be required to post the NLRB's new required poster by April 30, 2012. In this webinar, we will cover many of the questions that employers have about the possible effects of this posting and related employment policies and practices, including:
- Covering the basics - where to get the poster; where to post; does it also have to be posted online?; can you put up a "side" poster from the Company with lawful opinions about unionization?
- Handling questions from employees
- What guidelines should managers be given?
The posting alerts employees to issues which might call attention to existing workplace policies. We will also discuss the fine line between legal and illegal policies, covering things such as:
- discussion of wages and benefits among employees;
- discussion of unions at the workplace;
- discussion of wages and benefits or other workplace issues on social media; and
- policies restricting employee postings, distribution of written materials, and access to the property.
Please join us for this one hour session, where you will get practical, useful tips for dealing with these and other issues relating to this new NLRB posting.
This complimentary webinar has been approved for 1.0 hours of HRCI credit.