Emma’s practice is focused on real estate and corporate transactions, as well as banking and finance matters, including bankruptcy, creditors’ rights and workouts.
Her work on real estate matters includes representing clients across a number of industries on all aspects of the purchase, sale, financing, leasing and development of commercial real estate. Emma advises clients on their obligations under commercial leases, and prepares, reviews and amends complex commercial leases, purchase and sale agreements, land contracts, easements, restrictive covenant agreements and property management agreements. She also has experience with real estate property tax appeals.
She represents creditors in bankruptcy proceedings, foreclosures and other collection matters, including obtaining cognovit judgments on behalf of financial institutions. She also has experience with Subchapter V bankruptcy proceedings and the legal questions involved in this streamlined Chapter 11 process.
Emma reviews, analyzes and assists in the preparation of loan documents. She also reviews, revises and prepares contracts and various corporate documents, including construction contracts, for a wide range of clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Emma was a judicial extern for the Hon. Thomas M. Rose in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
- University of Dayton School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2020)
- Wright State University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2017)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Dayton Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Law Forum
- International Council of Shopping Centers
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America®
- University of Dayton School of Law Leadership Honors Program
- Friends of Aullwood, Board Member, 2022-Present
- University of Dayton Law Review, Editor-in-Chief, 2019-2022