David has considerable experience in commercial, insurance and reinsurance arbitrations. Examples include:
- Multiple disputes relating to annuities and the reinsurance of annuities death and income benefits.
- Multiple disputes between cedents and reinsurers on a variety of issues.
- Disputes relating to credit insurance policies.
- A dispute over alleged non-disclosures in placing a retrocessional property catastrophe program.
- A dispute over the aggregation of asbestos claims.
- Multiple disputes between employers and employees regarding employment contracts.
In addition to his significant experience in arbitration, David has considerable experience in court, such as:
- Represented global health service company in a dispute involving allegations of breach of contract and breach of ERISA fiduciary duty claims.
- Defend satellite dish installer in putative class action by service technicians against claims alleging violations of the Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act and the Illinois Minimum Wage Law.
- Represented one of the largest writers of workers compensation insurance in $1 billion dispute with AIG regarding AIG’s reporting of workers compensation premiums.
- Represented client in criminal case involving allegations of possessing stolen motor vehicles.
- Lead counsel representing business in civil suit against debtor corporation.
- Second chair in first-degree murder trial.
David has assisted pro bono clients throughout his career. Demonstrative cases include:
- Lead counsel representing indigent in de-naturalization proceedings before the Northern District of Illinois, and then on appeal to the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Lead counsel representing immigrants contesting deportation on the grounds of simple drug possession offenses. Although the Seventh Circuit initially ruled against our clients, this decision was later overruled by the United States Supreme Court.
- Lead counsel defending client in Deportation proceedings before United States Executive Office for Immigration Review.
- Worked in conjunction with the Northwestern University Legal Clinic representing client before the trial court in post-trial motion requesting DNA testing.