David is a partner in Porter Wright’s Pittsburgh office who has over 30 years of experience in helping clients successfully grow and sell their businesses, and bring their inventions to the world.
His experience includes leading hundreds of mergers and acquisitions, acting as outside general counsel to numerous mid-size businesses and assisting mid-size public companies with securities law compliance and public offerings. David also represents clients regarding investments in private equity, hedge and venture capital funds. He works closely with emerging businesses and their stakeholders on angel rounds of funding through multiple series of venture capital funding.
David has negotiated, analyzed and drafted commercial contracts of all varieties; developed the capital structures of acquisition companies and operating companies; negotiated merger and acquisition terms and analyzed related business and legal issues; drafted public offering and private placement documents; represented lenders and borrowers in connection with financings; and advised boards of directors regarding corporate governance and shareholders' rights matters.
Prior to entering private practice, David served as a law clerk to the Honorable Frank D. Celebrezze, Chief Justice of the Ohio Supreme Court.
- The Ohio State University College of Law (J.D., 1979)
- University of Chicago (B.A., 1976)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- American Bar Association, Section of Business Law and Antitrust Law
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Corporate Law Section
Honors & Awards
- Order of Coif
- Union of Reform Judaism, Pennsylvania Council, Scroll of Honor
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) Pittsburgh, Board of Directors (2019-2021)
- Temple Sinai, Pittsburgh, Social Action Committee and Caring Committee, Trustee and Past President
- Pittsburgh Jewish Federation, Local/National Committee
- 3 Rivers Venture Fair, Selections Committee and Coach