- Obtained defense verdict in $28 million law suit against a security systems company in a fire case.
- Defended international company in product liability and indemnity case arising out of a worker’s death.
- Obtained favorable verdict in a $52 million law suit against major automobile manufacturer.
- Successfully defended shareholder in splitting off from locksmith business to form competing company.
- Effectively defended employer in wrongful death claim.
- Defeated negligent interference with business relations claim based on allegations of mis-publishing 800 number of another company.
Contract and Construction Disputes
- Successfully adjudicated multimillion dollar dispute with company’s insurer in premium dispute litigation.
- Obtained full recovery on construction delay damages claim in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Negotiated multimillion dollar settlement on major reconstruction of fire-damaged manufacturing complex.
- Negotiated partition on behalf of several family members of large milk-farm before suit was filed.
- Forced construction company to pay for environmental remediation in major road construction project lawsuit.
- Profitable resolution of shareholder dispute of large construction company.
Constitutional Law Cases
- Obtained ruling from the Ohio Supreme Court that Section 4 of Article 1 of the Ohio Constitution is a Fundamental Constitutional Right.
- Represented two major trade organizations before the Ohio Supreme Court in declaring the then current eminent domain law to be unconstitutional.
- Represented plaintiffs before the United States Supreme Court in upholding school vouchers in the case of Simmons-Harris v. Zelman.
- Recovered $23 million in banking litigation, which was litigated in two district courts in two states, before two Circuit Courts of Appeals and in Bankruptcy Court.
- Had opposing party declared to be a vexatious litigator to stop ongoing frivolous litigation claims against bank.
- Obtained appointment of Receiver to ultimately sell multi-million dollar property in foreclosure action.
- Negotiated forbearance agreement on multimillion dollar nursing home loan.
- Favorable multimillion dollar resolution of lease dispute where lessee claimed lease was invalid.
- Favorable resolution for tenant-client where lessor claimed breach and lessee claimed right to terminate.
- Successfully represented lessor in complex lease dispute and eviction.
- Successfully enforced lease easement obligations in oil and gas lease.
- Represented lenders in dispute over oil and gas rights and valuation of same.
- Stopped a competing restaurant from using trade dress owned by a popular restaurant chain.
- Prevented disclosure of confidential information, which an international corporation sought to protect from use by a group of former employees.
- Enjoined large competitor from using company trade secrets.
- Successfully rebutted charges of patent infringement claims made in federal court against an international health care products manufacturer.
- Prosecuted claims in Court of International Trade to change tariff charges in favor of client.
- Trademark infringement case on a vanity number, a similar version of which is being used by a competitor.
- Represented software developer in copyright lawsuit; resolved through sale of software.
- Successfully represented multiple companies in non-compete cases.