Chas practices in the areas of general corporate, business, tax and health care law. He counsels for-profit and not-for-profit business clients on general corporate matters including corporate governance and contracts.
His transaction experience includes buying and selling businesses, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, debt or equity financings and bond transactions. He serves as outside general counsel of for profit and not for profit businesses.
Chas is listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, was named Best Lawyers® 2017 Dayton, Ohio Mergers and Acquisitions Law “Lawyer of the Year” and is recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers®.
- University of Dayton School of Law (J.D., 1985)
- Miami University (M.B.A., 1981)
- Miami University (B.S., 1980)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Dayton Bar Association, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Law; Health Care Law; Mergers & Acquisitions; Non-Profit/Charities Law
- Best Lawyers® Dayton, Ohio Mergers and Acquisitions Law "Lawyer of the Year," 2015, 2017
- United Rehabilitation Services, Mid Gaddis Distinguished Service Award
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, Business/Corporate
- Miami Valley Venture Association, Board of Trustees, past Member
- American Cancer Society, Charitable Gifts Committee, past Member
- United Rehabilitation Services of Greater Dayton, Board of Trustees, President
- Cox Arboretum, Board of Trustees, past Member
- United Rehabilitation Services Foundation, Board of Trustees, President
- City of Oakwood, Budget Review Committee Member
- School Choice Ohio, Board of Trustees, past Member
- Moraine Country Club, Board of Governors