Energy financing, equipment leasing and financing
Equipment financing is a cost and tax effective method of financing and maintaining an appropriate capital structure, even with imminent changes in GAAP. Our attorneys assist clients with equipment lease documentation, the structuring, negotiating and documenting of leases, conditional sales and synthetic leases. Our attorneys also regularly represent clients regarding post-termination equipment disposition, lease collection and workout of lease obligations. In addition, we routinely counsel clients on the federal and state income tax implications of equipment leasing transactions.
Our leasing clients come from diverse industries, such as aviation, utilities and banking, and include:
- Specialized portfolio lessors
- Lessors who originate equipment leases in connection with securitizations
- Subsidiaries of banks and bank holding companies
- Manufacturing companies and their subsidiaries
- Issuers and investors in municipal leasing transactions, including facility financings
The firm understands the value of industry collaboration and problem-solving, and is an active member of the Equipment Leasing and Finance Association.