Complex Commercial Litigation
- Represented insurer in billion dollar lawsuit alleging fraud and breach of contract against lenders, which were issued credit insurance policies for hundreds of thousands of home equity loans and lines of credit.
- Represented insurance company in dispute with Lloyd’s of London syndicates and other insurers concerning coverage for multi-million dollar claim under professional indemnity policy.
- Represented title insurers in MDL proceeding in which insured alleged breach of closing protection letters and sought indemnification in connection with more than 200 opt-out cases.
- Represented insurance company in dispute with its insurer concerning coverage for multi-million dollar claim under professional liability policy.
- Represented client in action brought by a litigation trust for the benefit of creditors of extended stay hotels seeking recovery for allegedly illegal dividend distributions.
- Represented real estate investment trust in breach of contract action brought by former executive.
- Represented owner of 38-story office building and obtained dismissal of complaint seeking rescission of agreement to sell property and building.
- Represented former manager of a 39-story office building in breach of contract suit against building’s owner.
- Represented large, direct-to-consumer clothing merchant in action alleging, inter alia, breach of contract, fraud and copyright infringement against a software provider.
- Represented developer in construction defect cases and related disputes with client’s insurance carriers.
- Represented cedent at hearing relating to the reinsurance of annuity death and income benefits.
- Represented cedent at hearing relating to loss arising out of policy’s supplementary payments provision.
- Represented cedent in dispute concerning the number of occurrences in underlying asbestos, silica and priest-abuse claims.
- Represented cedent in dispute regarding whether third-party administrator expenses were properly ceded as allocated loss adjustment expense.
- Represented cedent in matter involving reinsurer’s claim that finite reinsurance policy should be reformed based on mutual mistake.
- Represented reinsurer in matter involving the consolidation of arbitrations arising out of multiple treaties.
- Represented global engineering and construction company in the first consummated merger case tried in an administrative hearing before the Federal Trade Commission in more than two decades
- Represented marketers of sulfur-based products in action alleging a conspiracy in the sulfuric acid industry in violation of Section 1 of the Sherman Act.
- Represented corrugated container manufacturers in class action, and subsequent opt-out litigation, alleging coordinated restrictions on linerboard supply.
- Represented world-leading producer of decorative surfacing products in class action alleging price-fixing conspiracy.