Christina is chair of the firm’s Health Care Practice Group and a member of the International Business Practice Group. She focuses her practice on health care regulatory and transactional matters. Christina also advises clients on cyber-security risks and assists in addressing security incidents, ransomware attacks and post-breach response.
Christina has significant experience in the negotiation of a broad range of health care agreements, including IT and software purchases for all types of health care entities. She also frequently advises hospitals, physicians, health care joint ventures, ancillary providers and their boards on health care matters such as fraud and abuse compliance, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, alliances, formation, financing, criminal investigations, audit responses, business contracts, Medicare, Medicaid and third-party reimbursement matters, shared savings and other payment models, software licensing, HIPAA/HITECH and state data privacy compliance, productivity compensation methodologies and clinically integrated network guidance.
A native of Germany, Christina practices fluently in English and German.
Christina contributes articles about her areas of practice and has been circulated internationally by legal industry publishers.
- Technical University Dresden, Germany (Ph.D., magna cum laude, 2006)
- German educated attorney with law degree equivalent to American law school (First State Examination, with distinction, 1997; Second State Examination, 1999) Comparative studies at Syddansk Universitet in Odense/Denmark, studies, Technical University Dresden, Germany, research fellow,
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- American Bar Association, Section of International Law Life Science and Health Law Committee, Co-Chair
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E)
- Columbus Bar Association, International Law Committee, Past Chair
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers® — Rising Stars Edition, 2014, 2017-2018
- Dresden Sister City, Inc., Board of Directors