Tracey focuses her practice on commercial and employment litigation matters and serves as the chair of Porter Wright's Product Liability Practice. She has represented corporations and individuals in cases involving contracts, covenants not to compete, trade secret, intellectual property, and product liability claims. In the area of employment litigation, she has represented clients in cases alleging discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and FMLA violations. Tracey has significant experience litigating and resolving complex discovery issues and has successfully tried commercial disputes and employment cases before juries in both state and federal courts.
Tracey also has been recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® — Rising Stars Edition and in Crain’s Cleveland “Forty Under 40.” She also has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in the area of Commercial Litigation.
- Obtained temporary restraining order and injunction for an equity research firm in state court and FINRA proceedings that required group of former employees in a competing firm to return trade secret and confidential information and prohibited them from soliciting top customers.
- Defeated imposition of preliminary injunction against retail mail order pharmacy company in action involving trademark infringement and violations of the Ohio Deceptive Trade Practices Act claims.
- Secured preliminary injunction for an aerospace company precluding use of trade secrets and intellectual property.
- Received directed verdict for global insurance company on claims of securities law violation, vicarious liability, fraud, and negligence in a case involving a viatical investment.
- Obtained unanimous defense verdict for a telecommunications company in action involving claims of sexual harassment and retaliation.
- Obtained summary judgment and successfully argued appeal for manufacturer in employment action involving claims of discrimination and negligent retention.
- Obtained summary judgment and successfully argued appeal for recreational vehicle manufacturer in a product liability action.